Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Synthesis Paper Reflection

I did not accomplish what i originally set out to do for this paper. My initial interpretation of what this paper should be was completely wrong. So my vision changed entirely through the course of composing my final draft. I was not happy with any of my drafts until the final one. My design plan was related to my paper in he sense that my topic of persistence stayed the same but my examples changed. I had that same idea for my personal experience but i narrowed it down and i changed my sources entirely. I'm still not entirely sure this is exactly what the assignment was but i am very happy with the way my paper came out. I synthesized my weight loss journey. Mainly how it all started and the feeling i got when i first started working out and the rush i got when i realized i could do it on my own. I reflect on how rewarding pushing yourself is. And i relate this to my definition of persistence. I hold this very close to my heart because this was a very sensitive experience for me. I was very embarrassed the whole time and i hope that how personal my story is helps convey my compassion about my message in the way that i want.
I feel accomplished though because i did portray my meaning of persistence. In the beginning of my composition of this paper i had the idea of what i wanted to convey but i wasn't expressing it how i wanted to. And after drafting and rewriting i was finally able to explain my point exactly how i was thinking it. I wanted my audience to feel the way i felt about this topic and my goal was to use my emotions to help convey my message with my feelings attached to make it as powerful as my experience was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment