Thursday, March 17, 2016

Beginning and End of My Explanatory Synthesis Paper

In the beginning of the writing process, i had really no idea where i was going to go with this paper. I really liked my topic but i had trouble getting a cohesive theme i could carry throughout. I had ideas in the beginning that i could not find evidence to back up, so i cut out that part of my paper entirely. I had to reorganize my paper many times before i could figure out how i wanted it laid out. I couldn't break up my topic into subtopics that together served one purpose. I went to the writing center twice for help with this and it definitely aided positively in the final outcome of m paper. From my original design plan, my second two paragraphs are about the same overall concept. My first paragraph completely changed. I luckily found a visual aid that helped me rethink one of my whole paragraphs. The information it gave me gave me ideas on what direction to take my paper. Im happy with the way it's organized now but im still not super happy with the way my overall paper turned out. I know that i could have made it sound better throughout if i had more time and was not interrupted by other projects. Hopefully, at the end of the semester ill be able to re edit this paper and make it exactly what i want. But my overall paper definitely improved immensely from where it started. I am still not super happy about how my paper sounds, or how cohesive it is. I also fixed some of my passive voice, i know i probably missed some. But i'm glad i learned about that and was able to apply it into my writing. Changing to active voice definitely made my paper sound more academic and professional. I learned a lot in writing this paper because the first ideas i had changed so much by the time i finished the paper. I was literally constantly altering how my paper was organized, or the overall theme so that i could end with exactly what i wanted. If i could redo this paper, i would try to find more time to do everything i wanted to to this paper, but unfortunately so many tests and projects, and i was not able to dedicate 100% of my time to this paper. I know if i had lots of extra time, this paper would've been amazing, which i guess goes without saying. But i certainly am proud of how well it came out while i balanced all my other class. Overall, im very proud of the final project and the message i educated upon. I taught myself a lot in writing this through the editing process and im very happy with my end product, despite its flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment