Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Family

Being away from home makes you think a lot about family. You never realize how important they are in your everyday life until they are not in your everyday life anymore. I feel it is very important to never take someone for granted- because you never know what is going to happen. So i always spend as much time as i can with my mom, dad, or brothers. Being away from them has only strengthened those feelings for me. Every time i go home, all i want to do is be around them. I don't want to work on any assignments, i just want to be around them. I want to spend every second i can with my family. I just have this deep fear that one day i skip out on spending time with them and then the next i don't have the opportunity to spend that time with them. I know that is a little morbid, but i would rather think this way because i cherish my family way more than i ever did in the past.
I'm not sure what exactly brought these feelings on for me, i had a lot of death around me growing up. Not necessarily in my family, but in the setting i was often involved in, i saw it in the people around me.
My biggest fear is losing those closest to me. But i don't think of that on a daily basis, i just think of how much i love them and how much i want to be around them. My family is the most positive set of people in my life, more than any friend, colleague, etc. I just really love my family and it breaks my heart when i see other people disregard theirs. Because you really never know what is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment