Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Rape Culture- Research Topic

Rape on college campus. Often unnoticed and unreported. Actually, way more often than not. Why? That is what i intend to answer in my research paper. I plan to focus on what rape in college can lead to in real life. Whether that is the rapist- who has raped in college and gotten away with it and now believes he can continue to get away with it. Or focus on the victim and long term effects, why they didn't say anything? How do they feel now? Skimming through my research, i've seen that rape is a large felony, it is taken very seriously. So why is it so often unnoticed? Why are victims afraid? Why are prosecutions not as harsh as the crime seems? Why do people get off easy? I feel strongly about this, especially in relation too college campuses. I saw a documentary once that focused on rape culture on college campuses and this is one of the biggest motivators behind this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment