Friday, April 8, 2016

Sleep

I feel like i have come to treasure sleep so much this year. I have gotten to a point where i rely on staying up late to get all of the things done, that i need to get done. And that sucks, but i genuinely dont have enough time. There were points last semester where i studied the entire night for a test, and then went to take the test. I didn't sleep at all. My "early" bedtime had become 2 am. The average was 4 am. And then winter break came along and i literally slept for 15 hours straight. I was actually dead. And then as school grew closer again, i had severe anxiety about having to go through that again. I eventually realized it didn't have to be like that. I needed to find a way to get everything done at a reasonable enough hour and not start the habit of going to bed at 6 am again. I still struggle with this a lot. But i realized that the later i stayed up, the worse i did on my tests. I would get to my test and just kind of blank. And i have never experienced that in my life. Usually i can take tests no problem. But taking tests was getting harder and harder for me. I was forgetting everything i had just gone over and i was not retaining ANY information. It was actually kindof scary how my mind was handling the lack of sleep.
So as of recently, ive been making sleep a bigger priority. I realized that losing sleep is not worth the grade. Its better to study earlier to get more sleep. I've been trying to catch up on sleep as much as possible so that when finals come around im ready. I know its ignorant to believe the last week or so of school ill be getting enough sleep but i'm hoping to do most of my work during the day, over the course of a few days as soon as i find out about an assignment to reduce my sleep dep.

No comments:

Post a Comment